Below is information on individual aspects for product improvement within Admin App and Data Import.
If the product improvement feature is enabled, Data Import uses Google Analytics and Salesforce / Community 365 to gather page view and usage data of the product, as we do with Ed-Fi.org and other Ed-Fi web sites.
What Is Collected
- Page views of individual web pages within the application
- General location, domain name, IP address, administrator email address and other attributes as common with Google Analytics
- Versions of ODS / API instances, database server software and operating system
- With in Data Import:
- Titles of maps ("Grand Bend Sample Assessment") and types of agents ("SFTP") when created
- When the Transform-Load service begins and ends
What Is Not Collected
- Instance data or API transactions
- Anything that may be personally identifiable
Product Feedback via Ed-Fi Tracker / Jira
If the product improvement feature is enabled, Data Import will connect with Ed-Fi Tracker (our Jira-based work tracking system) to receive feature requests and bug reports (as also available at https://tracker.ed-fi.org). Each logged-in Data Import page will have a "Submit an Issue or Idea" button in the lower-right corner. Clicking on this will open a product feedback form.
The product feedback form can be used to submit a new product idea or issue with the product. Once input details are submitted, the information provided will be used to create an EDFI queue ticket on Ed-Fi Tracker.