Thursday, April 7, 2022
3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
This discussion will dive deeply into a few ambiguous areas of Ed-Fi's certification process. In this session we will ask questions like "What future and past versions of the ODS/API should certified vendors support?", "Is there a better way to document regional support for the community?", "How do we maintain the community use cases supporting certification?", and "How can Ed-Fi badging and certifications drive consistent community needs to the vendors?"
These broad session notes attempt to capture the spirit of the discussion and should not be interpreted as a transcript. Although Ed-Fi Alliance staff were involved in capturing these observations, the notes below should not be construed as official, complete, or 100% accurate.
This discussion included vendors, MSPs, and some collaboratives. There were several discussion topics:
- Should be aligned to badging
- Vendors need an account of what is important as a community demand so that they can show that to customers and respond to requests for customization
- Why can’t certification represent a system that “just works” like a USB port? We don’t have the same “USB port” in every state. Maybe we need to drive in that direction.
- Partner Portal - a place to surface the needs and impacts of data requests
- SIS vendors have to define their product towards the state customizations or they can't be in that business
- Rollup/connect badges to certification
- Consider implementation certification to allow clean integration of vendor certified products
- Certify to most recent Ed-Fi versions of technical suite
- Communicate better/more about the local
- Use cases that certification does support