Old Version 7
changes.mady.by.user Chris Moffatt
New Version Current
changes.mady.by.user Ian Christopher [Contractor]
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Dashboard Replacement Proof of Concept project was established to address a number of architectural issues related to the ongoing advancement of the Ed-Fi Technical Suite. The goals of the project were:
- Demonstrate that a technical modernization of the Ed-Fi Dashboard UI is viable.
- Provide a framework for estimating the cost of modernizing the entire Ed-Fi Dashboard.
The project was was sponsored by the Ed-Fi Alliance as part of the Reporting and Visualization Work Group activities to explore replacement alternatives for the Ed-Fi Dashboard solution.
The project underwent a second phase of development to further demonstrate the replacement of the original dashboard's DDD back-end and add appropriate security. The Dashboard's proof-of-concept code repository has been updated to include both phases of development. The goals of the project were:
- Replace the existing Dashboard ETL/data pipeline with Analytics Middle Tier (AMT) and modern technologies (e.g. GraphQL)
- Add Authorization mechanisms using AMT's row-level security
- Add oAuth style Authentication
- Code: https://github.com/Ed-Fi-Exchange-OSS/Dashboard-Replacement-POC
- By: ESP Solutions Group
- License terms: Apache 2.0
- Released: July 2020
- Updated: March 2021
At a Glance
Generation: Tech Suite 3 & 2
For: Dashboards v2.x